Saturday 5 January 2013

My 1st entry will show pictures of several places where my walks start from. As a kid we played up the woods often. We were very lucky in that the local forest came right to the edge of the village. This was before construction of a motorway passing by. This pic shows the view we had but is up to date well from Google maps so a year or 3 old.
When I was a kid the foot bridge you can see wasn't there. The trees came right down to the garages you can see on the left of the picture. They seemed huge to me at the time but probably were 30/40ft. Many changes since then. The forestry commission who own the forest have even added hard path surfaces just over the bridge for easier access. This area is called Clentry. The area just over the foot bridge and to the right is one of the rare deciduous parts of this forest and will form a main part of my diary readings. The second area of the forest I will be looking at is-
This picture shows the main entrance to the forest 1 I rarely use but do sometimes. It is however and other entry into Clentry. The 3rd and last area I will looking at is shown in the following pic-
At the back of the trees on the left of this pic is the cottage we had to go for our fishing permits for the nearby loch. Walking along this road is quite good as it reminds me of being a kid and walking up to that loch. I will eventualy be looking at 3 other areas as well here they are. The 4th area is called knockhill wood I believe but on Google it doesn't have a name. It is not far from the junction of the B914 and the A823. I found it when I was looking for somewhere remote to walk my dog.
I am very lucky with the 6th place I plan to use, it has a small nature reserve and a birdhide that all can use. Not much of a pic for it just the road onto the site really. Showing the entry from the Great North Road into Lochore Medows Country Park.
You can see the lovely landscape in the background its an awesome walk. The last place although not finished yet means so much to me. They are creating a country park just of the M90. Here is the pic
This is taken by Google from the M90 but there is none of what you seeing left at all. In the distance though you can't see it is the village my Mum was born in. Lovely place called Lassodie but it was demolished with all you see here so they could opencast the site. They didn't even fell the trees just bulldozed it all including the houses. This is what made me decide to do this blog if they keep going the way they are none of it will be left so I want to record what is there before its to late.

No comments:

Post a Comment